Tuesday 2 July 2013

MOUNT ADAKLU


Adaklu Mountain: 1
Me: zero point three quarters

Walter, my 10 y/o guide, scrambled up the mountain, walking stick in hand. His companion, Enoch, kept up the rear, & I struggled along somewhere in-between! I didn’t quite make it to the peak, as a mixture of exhaustion & an onset of fear of heights prevailed, but I was pretty proud all the same! Having mentioned previously that I was craving exercise, this morning certainly fulfilled that desire, & more. Drenched in sweat (the kind where it’s dripping off your eyelids), I think I got a pretty good work-out!

Adaklu, an area that includes 40-odd villages at the base of the mountain, has been developed into a community ecotourist project. The children in the village piled together for several group shots, plus the baby goats were too cute to ignore!


Several attempts at group photos:


Enoch wanted to have go a with my camera:


CUTE!!:


My guides, Enoch & Walter:



[all photos by me}

No comments:

Post a Comment